Monday 11 February 2008

Starting to create a popular blog

Ok. I went to the first relevant thing I found in my google search 'make a popular blog' and it led me to this site! So here's what they recommend...

1. Content - lots of it and regular. Well I'm not sure if there's lots of content but I'm averaging two or three posts a week. I'll make it four from now on. Promise.
2. Submit your blog to blog directories. Like the following: www.desiblogs.org, www.blogrankings.com, www.blogstreet.com, www.technorati.com, www.bloghub.com, www.blogcatalog.com, www.blogwise.com, www.globeofblogs.com, www.blograma.com,
www.blogtop.com, www.mapstats.com, www.blogscanada.com. Ok I'll get on it and get joined!
3. Tell you're friends and family. I have! They don't believe, mostly, you can find love on the interenet. The rest just wish they'd done it themselves!
4. Mention your blog on visiting cards. Done that too! When I'm out I'll drop them - though I do find it quite embarassing! I'm sure I wont when I'm world wide web famous though.
5. Make posts easy to read. Ok... I'll need to think about that one.
6. Give the name of your blog in the main URL. Erm I think I've done that?
7. Give comments to other blogs and leave you're link there. Sneaky... I love it. I'll do it.
8. Use clear simple language. I can do that...!
9. Have patience. :(

Ok. Some lessons to be learnt! I need to get out there on the net and start dumping comments on other peoples sites and all these blog directories! And I need to post more regularly.... Sigh!

Right you girls. Watch out. This blog is coming to town.

If you stumble upon me - leave a message. Tell me what you think of the idea, what you think of the ad, you could even tell me about yourself!

No comments: